Thursday, December 5, 2013

What's More American than a Steak

 There is nothing more American than a steak. You tell me who can resist a beautifully cooked piece of beef? Well I cant! The only problem I have is when its not cooked probably.
   Cooking a steak is not that hard. You only have one rule to follow, "Low and Slow". You must temp your beef to your desired doneness.
                                  Rare 120°-135°
                    Medium Well 145°-150°
                          Well done 155° (plus)
   The last and most important thing you have to do is let your steak rest for 5 minutes. I know this sounds crazy. Letting your steak rest is the most important step. This process is what locks all the juices in your steak, and stops them from flowing all over your plate, and drying it out. I'm sure we have all had this experiences. Enjoy your steak! I know I did!

2 comments:

  1. Great minds think alike. Just ate one! Thanks for the 5 min tip

    -Andria

    ReplyDelete
  2. No Prob Andria Glad I could help out!!

    ReplyDelete